The winery’s flagship line embodies all the style and taste of the winemaker Gianni Masciarelli. Austere and complex, the Montepulciano D’Abruzzo Villa Gemma offers an unprecedented interpretation of Abruzzo’s most noble grape, now fairly acknowledged in the world map of viticulture that counts. On its side, to balance so much complexity and body, two fresh and lively wines: Villa Gemma Bianco and Villa Gemma Cerasuolo.
- Name: Villa Gemma Abruzzo Cerasuolo DOC
- Grapes: Montepulciano 100%
- Alcohol content: 13%
- First year of production: 1986
- Number of bottles produced: 60.000
- Municipality of production and altitude of vineyards: S. Martino S. Marrucina, 400 mt s.l.
- Soil type of vineyards: Clay / Calcareous
- Yield per hectare: 10 tons
- Training system: single curtain (Pergola Abruzzese)
- Time of harvest: 10 – 15 of October
- Fermentation: harvested in crates, destemming, contact with skins for 24 hours, soft pressing and cooling controlled fermentation in stainless steel
- Best Norwegian Rosè Wine
- “Best Buy in Norway“, Villa Gemma e Rosato ’08