The winery’s flagship line embodies all the style and taste of the winemaker Gianni Masciarelli. Austere and complex, the Montepulciano D’Abruzzo Villa Gemma offers an unprecedented interpretation of Abruzzo’s most noble grape, now fairly acknowledged in the world map of viticulture that counts. On its side, to balance so much complexity and body, two fresh and lively wines: Villa Gemma Bianco and Villa Gemma Cerasuolo.
- Name: Villa Gemma Bianco Colline Teatine IGT
- Grapes: Trebbiano d’Abruzzo – Cococciola – Abruzzo Pecorino
- Alcohol content: 13.00%
- First year of production: 1985
- Number of bottles produced: 250.000
- Municipality of production and altitude of vineyards: S. Martino s. Marrucina 400 mt s.l., Ripa Teatina 250 mt s.l., Casacanditella 250 mt s.l., Bucchianico 200 mt s.l.
- Soil type of vineyards: clay / with calanchi
- Yield per hectare: 90 quintals
- Training system: single curtain (Pergola Abruzzese)
- Time of harvest: end of September
- Fermentation: in stainless steel vats