Blend of the three most significant white grape varieties of the Abruzzo tradition – Trebbiano, Pecorino and Cococciola – Villa Gemma Bianco is produced on the hills around Chieti. The fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature is followed by bottle aging for 4 months: the result is a delicately vibrant, fresh white wine, characterized by fruity and aromatic herbs notes and intense minerality, perfect for raw fish appetizers, seafood, fish courses.
- Name: Villa Gemma Bianco Colline Teatine IGT
- Grapes: Trebbiano d’Abruzzo – Cococciola – Abruzzo Pecorino
- Alcohol content: 13.00%
- First year of production: 1985
- Number of bottles produced: 250.000
- Municipality of production and altitude of vineyards: S. Martino s. Marrucina 400 mt s.l., Ripa Teatina 250 mt s.l., Casacanditella 250 mt s.l., Bucchianico 200 mt s.l.
- Soil type of vineyards: clay / with calanchi
- Yield per hectare: 90 quintals
- Training system: single curtain (Pergola Abruzzese)
- Time of harvest: end of September
- Fermentation: in stainless steel vats