The first line created by Gianni Masciarelli has become over the years a milestone for the company and its customers. In order to guarantee to all our customers healthy, safe and excellent products, regardless of their price point, Masciarelli has acquired over 60 vineyard parcels throughout the region, in order to put our harvest as safe as possible from the vagaries of the weather and always guarantee quality grapes. The Linea Classica products – Montepulciano, Trebbiano and Rosato – are classic and reflect the genuine taste of tradition and the quality of Abruzzo native vines.
- Name: Masciarelli Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
- Grapes: Montepulciano 100%
- Alcohol content: 13%
- First year of production: 1981
- Number of bottles produced: 500.000
- Municipality of production and altitude of vineyards: S. Martino sulla Marrucina 400 mt. s.l., Ripa Teatina 250 mt. s.l. – Fara Filiorum Petri 300 mt. s.l. – Villamagna 280 mt. s.l.
- Soil type of vineyards: clay / calcareous
- Yield per hectare: 100 quintals
- Training system: Abruzzo’s Pergola, spur cordon, plain guyot
- Time of harvest: end September through October
- Wine-making process: destemming and pressing followed by 10-15 days permanency on skins.