This Abruzzo classic wine – which owes its name to the characteristic cherry red colour – is made from 100% Montepulciano grapes fermented with a white vinification, by macerating 24 hours with the skins. Savoury and juicy, it is striking for its intense aromas of fresh cherries, cherry blossoms, citrus fruits and rose petals. Gastronomic wine par excellence, it goes well with meat, fish, pasta and vegetable dishes and is perfect with pizza, fried and tempura.
- First Name : Villa Gemma Cerasuolo d’Abruzzo DOC Superiore
- Grapes : Montepulciano 100%
- Alcohol content : 13%
- First year of production : 1986
- Number of bottles produced : 60.000
- Municipality of production and altitude of vineyards : S. Martino S. Marrucina, 400 mt s.l.
- Soil type of vineyards : Clay / Calcareous
- Yield per hectare : 10 tons
- Training system : single curtain (Pergola Abruzzese)
- Time of harvest : 10 – 15 of October
- Fermentation : harvested in crates, destemming, contact with skins for 24 hours, soft pressing and cooling controlled fermentation in stainless steel.
- Best Norwegian Rosè Wine
- “Best Buy in Norway“, Villa GEmma e Rosato ’08