Syrah Colline Pescaresi IGT Marina Cvetic comes from a single vineyard planted ten years ago in Loreto Aprutino, in the hinterland of Pescara, on clayey soils with a strong sandy component located 350 meters above sea level. The Syrah vine has found in the climatic characteristics of this part of Abruzzo the optimal conditions to express its vigor and give the grapes a potential to be interpreted and developed.
Vinified in stainless steel tanks, it is aged in French oak barriques and then rests in bottle. The result is a wine of an impenetrable ruby red color with a brilliant purple hue, which preludes to its pawing youth. At the nose is intriguing, with hints of small red and black fruits, black pepper and chocolate. As in the best tradition of this international grape, the palate is warm, tannic and full bodied, with a moderate alcoholic content. Spicy notes make it the ideal companion for meat sauce, baked pasta, wild boar stew with red berries coulis and, in general, spicy red meats, in particular with pink pepper.
- First Name : Syrah Colline Pescaresi IGT Marina Cvetic
- Grapes : Syrah 100%
- First year of production : 2014
- Production area and vineyard altitude : Loreto Aprutino
(Località Cocciapazza), 350 m s.l.m.
- Yield per hectare : 6.000 – 7.000 kg
- Training system : Guyot
- Vinification : fermentation in stainless steel tanks. Aging in French oak barrique, followed by aging in bottle.